This is my dad’s homemade tomato soup recipe that is GM diet friendly! From a girl who hates her veggies, he figured out a way to make a complete vegetable soup with 0 seasoning taste GOOD! This recipe is definitely worth trying whether you are doing the GM diet or not.
- Start out with 3 cups of water and 9 peeled tomatoes.
- Put water and tomatoes in stockpot on medium heat. While it is heating, smash the tomatoes.
- Heat and stir occasionally until it gets to a slow boil.
- Add in desired amount of oregano, cilantro, and sage (considering they are herbs and not spices I saw no problem in adding them).
- Cut up and add 2 jalapenos.
- Proceed to let food cook until it starts to thicken (approx. 1 hour).
- Add another 2 cups of water and simmer for 30 min.
- Now you can serve and enjoy!
I’m not sure about the yield but know it fed my mom and I for the whole day.
Hope you love it as much as we do!